Friday, May 04, 2012

The Night View

In this post I'm going to share some of the pictures I've taken from my apartment at night. Actually I've been very pleased that my inexpensive digital camera will take decent shots in such reduced light cases.

So here we are with a south view showing the One Woodbrook Plaza and some of the surrounding neighborhood.


This shot was taken facing the same direction zoomed in on the stadium. The structure behind the stadium is the office building I'm in and the Courtyard by Marriott where I spent some seven weeks. This stadium is used for soccer and track and field events. On the right side of the stadium you can see the road I drive on my way back to the apartment.

This shot is facing the harbor and you can see some of the downtown toward the left. There is an Anglican Church more or less in the center of the picture. There is a Methodist Church in town... directly across from the largest cemetery in the country.

Continuing around, you can see downtown in the distance here and closer in on the left Tower One in the complex and the Imax theater. There is a patch of light about half way up on the left. That's the Queen's Park Cricket Ground. And below's a tighter shot on that. If I had a decent pair of binoculars, I could actually watch the matches.