Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Mountains

Somehow, none of the pictures I've taken really show the mountainous nature of the vicinity around Port of Spain, so here I'll try with a few more.

This shot shows the apartment complex I'm in... it is a little difficult to distinguish Tower 2, where I am, from the comparably sized Tower 3 but I'm closest to the tallest Tower 1... but you can clearly see the mountains in the background.

Here's the complex from another angle that shows the mountains and some of the industrial nature of the city. The major road you see is one of the two largest highways in the country. This one runs east-west across the north side of the country while the other runs north-south down the western edge from Port of Spain to San Fernando which is even more industrial.

Finally, what is an apartment complex without a swimming pool? It is very nice and so far the only folks I've seen using it have been a couple guys and an eight year old's birthday party. Obviously, the pool here is the place to be to pick up chicks.