Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Address in Trinidad

Some of my fan has asked me what my mailing address in Port of Spain is. And I generally answer "No."

Okay. Okay. I actually have an apartment address. Unfortunately, the apartment has a policy of only giving the mailbox keys to the owners... which is not me in this case. I'm not sure but I believe the actual owner of this apartment lives in India and so they aren't planning to come by and pick up the new key anytime soon. So the mail keeps getting jammed into the mailbox until such time as the mailbox explodes or whoever is stuffing it in the box decides to throw it away which does everyone a lot of good anyway.

So if you really want to send me something, send it to:

Stephen Kimmel
% Fluor Daniel South America, Limited
Invaders Bay Tower, Level 1
Off Audrey Jeffers Highway
Port of Spain
Trinidad & Tobago, W.I.

This address actually amuses me. The W.I. stands for West Indies which, as close as I can tell, is rather like addressing something to Houston, Texas, USA, North America. West Indies is a group of several independent nations located in the Caribbean. Some listings include Cuba in the West Indies and others include Belize which isn't even an island.